Wednesday, June 5, 2019

More Faulkner side canyons- Organ Mountains-Desert Peaks National Monument














I did a little morning hike last week, exploring yet another couple of side canyons on the north side of Faulkner Canyon. Not much to report, except that the desert is much more green and alive with birdsongs and insect buzzes this spring than usual come this time of year, thanks to several rain events in March, April and May, normally the driest months of our desert calendar.
 I did spy what I think was a vein of white marble from distance, while walking through a nearby prospect. I know this area was once prospected for marble deposits, so I may have go back and check it out to satisfy my curiosity.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home