Thursday, October 11, 2007

Poison Ivy


Either on our Las Animas backpack or on our Gallinas dayhike, my wife came into contact with poison ivy. The resulting reaction wasn't the rash of tiny bumps I remember from childhood. It was a very gnarly,swollen infection-like thing. She suffered with intense itching for a couple of weeks. In wet years,poison ivy will be abundant especially in riparian areas. Don't think "you don't get it" or any other foolishness. You can and you will if you're not careful. It's also very pretty in the fall.

No comments: