Monday, July 9, 2012

Echo Amphitheater- Carson National Forest



 I'm sure most people know about this place  already, but if they don't it's worth the short side trip from Highway 84 and the two dollar admission fee. It's a small slice of Utah type red rock landscape right here in North Central New Mexico. A friend told me about it years ago. I admitted I hadn't heard of it,which was odd because not too many places of geographical significance about my home state fly completely under my radar. Oh,well. It was pretty hot the afternoon we walked back to the " amphitheater". It's a short jaunt, luckily for us because we had just finished our 9 mile Canjilon Mountain Loop hike( see blog). There really is an echo.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home